ISTP Sanctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ISTP--ness

4 posters

Go down

ISTP--ness Empty ISTP--ness

Post by CPT Dave Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:25 am

Ok...so I know I'm like brand new...and I should spend my first few weeks sucking my thumb in the corner, but Im 41 and I stopped sucking my thumb like 3 years ago....so here is a question for my fellow ISTPs...

I recently discovered this MBTI business a few months ago. Any of you grow up in a house full of F temperment types. My mother father and sister were all feelers. I was not. As a matter of fact when my mother picked me up at school when I was 8 to tell my my grandfather died, while they all cried the only thing I could think of was how little time I was going to have to ride my new bike because of the wake and funeral. When she told us we had to go up to the casket I was like "Ok" my sister refused. I dont know if this is typical ISTP behavior, but I have alway had a problem with "feelings". I wonder if this affected any of you all, as in..."man am I a *#$&ing soup sandwich...because I dont feel like everyone else?" or am I the only soup sandwich here? Thanks..*&$# off...I love you....*$&%!!! See I dont know what to feel...
CPT Dave
CPT Dave
Garbage Man

Job/hobbies : US Army
Motto : Life's a garden.....Dig it!

Back to top Go down

ISTP--ness Empty Re: ISTP--ness

Post by Erbse Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:49 am

Assuming you seriously care about the psychological background of that behavior look into cognitive functions as described per Jung.

If you don't, then take the simple answer: Yes, it's fairly common - although still differing in degree from any individual ISTP.
Erbse
Erbse
Lumberjack

Call Sign : Umweltverschmutzung

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Arendee Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:40 pm

I was the same way. I bought mass effect 2 around the same time my grandpa died. I was like... awww maaaaannnn.

But at the same time, I already knew he was going to pass away. I looked at him and could just see his energy crumbling. So I gave him a hug, told him I loved him, felt sad for a few days and tried to never talk to him again. I was pretty much over it by the time he actually passed on.
DJ Arendee
DJ Arendee
Space Shuttle Captain

Motto : Eat My Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by madhatter Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:38 pm

Yes, I've felt like you have. My mom will be in tears about some stranger dying, and I'll feel nothing. I mean it feel bad that the person is dead, but I'm not affected emotionally whatsoever. And there have been many times where I've laughed at something and got told, "Why are you laughing? That's not funny. It's terrible."
madhatter
madhatter
Bounty Hunter

Call Sign : Angry Eyes
Motto : Some people juggle geese.

Back to top Go down

ISTP--ness Empty I feel ya

Post by CPT Dave Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:48 pm

madhatter wrote:Yes, I've felt like you have. My mom will be in tears about some stranger dying, and I'll feel nothing. I mean it feel bad that the person is dead, but I'm not affected emotionally whatsoever. And there have been many times where I've laughed at something and got told, "Why are you laughing? That's not funny. It's terrible."

I knw exactly what you mean...when I was a kid my blind uncle and I were walking acroos the street with my sister....he tripped and fell...I helped him of course...but was laughin on the inside....I know...Im terrible, but people falling is funny to me...I dont know why, but it is.
CPT Dave
CPT Dave
Garbage Man

Job/hobbies : US Army
Motto : Life's a garden.....Dig it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down