ISTP Sanctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INteresting thread from PerC

+3
DJ Arendee
Trifoilum
Khys
7 posters

Go down

INteresting thread from PerC Empty INteresting thread from PerC

Post by Khys Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:58 am

http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/105682-your-ti-stronger-than-mine.html

Functianalyst wrote:In response to a thread on Se usage, I thought it may be helpful to create this thread. As I explained earlier, dominating with or having a particular function-attitude in one’s make-up does not guarantee a development of use of that function-attitude. Although we all perceive that we have a good use of a particular function-attitude, it is only when we interact with others that we notice our usage of the same function-attitude may be less than the comparative other, although it is placed at a lower level.

I am reminded of when I originally started to learn about type in the 1990’s I noticed ENTPs and even INFJs that had better developed Ti than I. It was not that my usage was subpar, but merely less developed than those I compared it to. As for my Se, although I have a strong use of it, all I have to do is have a debate with my younger brother who dominates with Se, to know how much I lack in using it. But on those occasions, I also realize how much my Ni is developed. On numerous occasions, many have questioned how I could be anything other than an intuiting type. It’s simple…, our claim to having any developed function-attitude is merely in the “eye-of-the-beholder”.

So where does that leave us? A false sense of entitlement is paramount when we start believing that since a type dominates with a certain function-attitude, the user claiming that type automatically develops that function-attitude. That is not how the function-attitudes work. We must develop even out most dominant function. As I have repeated quoted Dr. Jung to say:
The products of all the functions can be conscious, but we speak of the consciousness of a function only when not merely its application is at the disposal of the will, but when at the same time its principle is decisive for the orientation of consciousness.
This, of course, does not exclude the fact that individuals certainly exist in whom two judging or two perceiving functions stand upon the same level, whereby both have equal motive power in consciousness. But in such a case, there is merely a relatively undeveloped dominant function.
Khys
Khys
Space Shuttle Captain

Call Sign : Den Mother
Motto : Balls to the walls

Back to top Go down

INteresting thread from PerC Empty Re: INteresting thread from PerC

Post by Trifoilum Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:36 am

true.
Domination =/= mastery.

It's knowing where, when, why, and how to use it-- properly.
Trifoilum
Trifoilum
Garbage Chief

Job/hobbies : drawing, sleeping, musing
Motto : it's not about right and wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Arendee Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:27 pm

Yeah. THat's why amma beast
DJ Arendee
DJ Arendee
Space Shuttle Captain

Motto : Eat My Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by MXZCCT Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:08 pm

If I don't keep busy I'm constantly assaulted by Ti-Ni loops. My Ni is very well developed.
MXZCCT
MXZCCT
Motorcycle Gang Leader

Call Sign : Balls

Back to top Go down

Post by madhatter Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:55 am

Yeah, I'm the same way. I'm actually in one of those right now. Even though my Ni is well-developed, it enables my Ti too much, and I get lost in it.
madhatter
madhatter
Bounty Hunter

Call Sign : Angry Eyes
Motto : Some people juggle geese.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duck_of_Death Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:54 pm

Yeah...I didn't read all of that.
So we're discussing Ni or something?
Cool.

*shrugs*
Duck_of_Death
Duck_of_Death
Lord of the Flies

Call Sign : Resident Oddball

Back to top Go down

Post by madhatter Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:41 am

Not just Ni...it could be any of the functions for any of the types. But we're ISTPs, so our functions are all that's important here. Cool
madhatter
madhatter
Bounty Hunter

Call Sign : Angry Eyes
Motto : Some people juggle geese.

Back to top Go down

Post by WhyIOtter Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:15 pm

My Ti tertiary is pretty well developed. I've burned my Ti-lead partner on many an occasion, particularly when he's in the grip of his inferior Fe, poor soul. Ti + Se problem is generally where he shines the most (and where I'm fairly blind as an INFJ); his Ti applied to people centric situations or social issues tends to be a major tripping point. His Fe sticks it's sad, spindly-legged self out of it's hole at random and can make him say the most unfortunately inaccurate/unsound things.
WhyIOtter
WhyIOtter
Garbage Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down